The Customizer is used to change settings for your site and what visitors see on the homepage.
Settings in the Customizer include:
- Site Identity – Site title and tagline
- Menus – create and assign a custom menu as a utility navigation menu or the main navigation menu for the site.
- Homepage Settings – choose a page from your site to act as your homepage by selecting the radio button for “A static page” under “Your homepage displays”, and then select the page from the drop-down menu.
- General – general settings for the site such as the site’s Google Analytics tracking number, and pattern kit setting for use in the header and Section blocks.
- Header Call to Action – create a “Call to Action” button that will appear in the header of your site and to the left of the search bar.
- Footer – options for the global footer including a background image, address, phone number, email address, and custom URL for fundraising, if needed.
- Mobile Options – options that effect how your site is viewed on mobile devices
- Search – add the URLs of sites you would like to include as part of your site’s search feature
To view the Customizer, visit the Dashboard and hover your mouse over the “Appearance” option. Click on “Customize” in the menu that appears. The Customizer is also available through the black admin bar at the top of the browser when you are viewing the homepage of your site.
When making changes within the Customizer, click the blue “Publish” button to save your changes and make them visible on the site.