Important to your ability to use blocks to build your pages in Apollo 2 is selecting the correct page template for your needs. Page Templates are settings that help WordPress understand what type of content will be on the page. Depending on the template chosen, certain blocks may or may not be available to you.
To set the page template for your page, make sure the “Document” tab is selected in the Inspector Panel. Expand the “Page Attributes” accordion. Then you will see a drop-down menu for “Template”.
- Default – this is a standard template selected for all newly created pages and is intended for use on internal pages.
- Full Width – this template is intended for pages where the maximum width of the screen is absolutely necessary.
- Landing Page – should be used for landing pages such as a page that introduces the visitor to a new section of the site such as a section on Research. Using this template unlocks the ability to use Section blocks and Hero blocks.
- Homepage – the Homepage template should be used for pages that will be designated as the homepage for your site. Using this template unlocks the ability to use Section blocks and Hero blocks. Pages with this template will not appear in the navigation menu for the site, nor will the page’s title display.
- Members Only – This template will require a visitor to be on a UF Health networked computer (either a work machine or through a VPN connection).