Directory block is a custom feature of Apollo 2 that gives you a way to integrate a profile from the UF Health Web Directory on to your website in a clean and easy fashion. Directory block supports the ability to create and add individual profiles or entire group directories on to the page. These listings can then be tied to a version of each individual’s profile that is part of your website. Settings for the directory block are found in the Inspector panel on the right side of the screen.
Some individuals may restrict the information that can be made public on the directory block. Note: profile pictures for Shands employees will not appear in the directory block. Privacy for any field can be set to one of the options below:
- Default (Public) – the information in the field is viewable by the public but it will not be indexed by search engines.
- Logged In – the information in the field is viewable only by those logged into the UF Health Directory.
- Private – the information in the field is viewable only to the profile owner, others authorized to edit profiles in your department or unit, and Web Services staff.
Directory Block Settings
Select Profiles to List
Upon adding the Directory block, you can begin searching for individuals or departments (groups) to add to the block by typing the name into the search field in the Inspector panel on the right side of your screen. As you type, you will begin to see a short list of directory profiles matching your search criteria that you can select to add. You can also choose a specific group of people in the Group Results, which will generate listings for all people assigned to that group.
Select List Type
List types refer to how the profiles are displayed on your page. There are three options: List, Card, Table. For List and Card types, you can choose how many columns to display the profiles in.
Select Fields to Display
You can toggle on or off certain directory fields to show for your directory by clicking on the toggle button for each field as well as create copies of web directory profiles within your website. Fields can be reorganized to show in the order you wish by clicking the dotted icon to the left of the field name, and dragging the fields into the order you prefer.
Link Profiles to:
Directory block has the option to allow you to link to profiles for the individuals listed in the block. These options are block-wide and not set for each individual.
- No Link – profiles will appear without a link to an expanded version.
- This Website – profiles listed in the block will be copied from the web directory and made available to you through the Dashboard Navigation Menu under “Profiles”. Click on the “Create Profiles” button to the right of the block editor to generate profiles for you site. A small window will pop-up listing the profiles in the block which can be created one-by-one by clicking on the “Create Profile” button to the right of each profile, or they can be created all at one time by clicking on the “Create All Profiles” button.
- UF Health Directory – profiles will link to that individual’s UF Health Directory profile.
Directory Block Examples
|Jeffrey E Stevens||Assistant Web Manager, UF Health||Web Services|
|Myles Hyson||Web Developer II||Web Services|
|Bill Columbia||Senior Designer||Web Services|
|Kyle Tucker||Web Developer||Web Services|
|Sean Jeng||Web Developer||Web Services|
|Nina Wright||Support And Training Specialist||Web Services|