Bridge Policies Site
The Policies and Procedures site on Bridge is a place for employees to quickly find information on the policies and procedures they need in the performance of their jobs. Certain users are granted access to maintain the policies for their departments.
A Few Important Notes About Policies
Folders and subfolders are organized according to the division and/or department they belong to. Each folder is a category within WordPress and each subfolder is a subcategory of another category. Users are only granted access to the folders/categories as designated by their department or area leadership. Users cannot add/edit/delete a policy that is not within their designated category.
The policy and procedure files themselves should be uploaded in PDF format only. It is up to the policy custodians, or site users, to maintain up-to-date listings each year and keep an archive of all current and previous versions of policies offline. Bridge should be the location of current policy.
Login to the Bridge Dashboard
By default, most employees of UF Health and Shands will be logged into their Bridge account based on the credentials they used to login to their work computers.
To reach the Dashboard Navigation Menu for your Bridge site, click on the My Account profile in the utility belt and then select Dashboard.
Find the Policies Site
To find the UF Health Policies site, in the Dashboard Navigation Menu, hover your mouse over My Sites and click on the UF Health Policies site, then Dashboard.
Add a Policy
To add a new policy:
- Click on Articles in the Dashboard Navigation Menu, then select Add Article.
- Enter the official name of your policy in the Title field, and check to make sure you have categorized the policy correctly.
- In the rich text editor, you will not enter any text. Instead, you will click on the Add Media button.
- In the media library you will locate the PDF, or upload the PDF, that should be placed in this article and click on Insert into post. This will create a small hyperlink that you can ignore.
- In the lower left-hand side of the page, add the policy number to Policy Numbers field.
- Finally, click Publish to make your policy available to all Bridge users.
Edit a Policy
To edit a policy:
- Click on Media and locate the PDF file for the policy you want to update.
- A window titled Attachment Details will load. Look for the field called Replace media then click on Upload a new file.
- Select the file that will replace the one on Bridge and then click on Upload. NOTE: The option to “just replace the file” is chosen by default.
- An updated version of the Attachment Page will load. Click Update.
- Click on Articles in the Dashboard Navigation Menu and locate the Article for the policy you just updated.
- In the Form Meta Information area just below the text editor, edit the Policy Revision Date to match the date the file was revised or uploaded.
Delete a Policy
To delete a policy:
- Click on Articles in the Dashboard Navigation Menu, then hover your mouse over the title of the article that should be deleted.
- Choose Trash and the article will be sent to a trash folder and taken off the web. However, should you need that policy again, it is easily retrieved from the Trash.